Pages

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Brazilian Holiday Part 3

I was going to wait and post this last entry of my Brazilian Holiday tomorrow, but I'm on a roll. Also you all have waited far too long. Brazilian Holiday Part 3...

Javi and I on our second to last day in Brazil. I love this Idea of a Tree Bench with colorful pillows. I need this in my future backyard or patio area.

Dinner was at Zaza Bistro Tropical. This place ended up being my favorite. I wish we could have gone a second time but we couldn't.

Le Menu's. I love it!


Appetizer Sampler... we practically inhaled this dish. I can't quite remember what it was but I do remember that my favorite was the ceviche in a shot glass (far left) with veggie chips.


Javi's Dish. Lamb something or other with lobster ravioli. Cooked slowly in a process that takes 5 days. Sorry I should have wrote every plate name down but I was so hungry and into my dish that completely forgot.

I'm a happy camper... my food looks delish and it's plated beautifully!


My plate! Organic Chicken Curry with Basmati cashew, garlic and apricot rice. The plating was set up in a way that you would spoon some rice in the empty bowl and then spoon some chicken curry....together they were a match made in heaven. If I could eat this everyday I would.


Dessert Sampler. We had a hard time picking one dessert and appetizer, so these samplers were perfect. Left to right pictured is Banana capriccio with vanilla bean ice cream, fried nutella crapes, More vanilla bean Ice cream on a bed of chopped toasted nuts, mini brownie and blondie with chocolate and cream drizzle, and last is a medley of chopped fruits with lime and honey, topped with nuts.

Too full to even get up and start walking back to the hotel. So So Good!


Graffiti Art painting outside Zaza


Following morning, last day in Brazil. Continental breakfast!

Finally at Christ the Redeemer. It was huge, not at all what it seemed like in Romeo and Juliet.


Best way to take a photo and get a head to toe view. Javi doing his thing.

Here is the photo Javi got.


View from the top of Christ the Redeemer.


Love.











Chica Bon Chica Bon Chica Bon...Bon, Ice Cream!



Although we hardly had any fast food, when we did, it was at this super cool sushi bar called Koni! Amazing little joint. Wish it was a franchise out of Brazil. Pictured is a Steel "Koni", wasabi soy sauce, and Sunomuno Salad. All of this for around $8 including a drink and another roll.





California Roll with Mango... I have always eaten it with Avocado but since it's not native to Brazil they substitute it with Mango. I now make rolls at home using mango, it was super super good.


Hot Philadelphia Steel Roll with Fried Seaweed.

After Christ the Redeemer, lunch and a nap Javi took to a movie at a old theater called Estacao. It is a renovated home of a famous 1920s actress in Brazil, now her home is a movie theater/gallery. It was enchanting. Here we are about to enter the theater.

The movie we saw on our anniversary.


Graffiti artwork inside the Estacao Gallery. La Vida Loca

Walking back to the hotel... another beautiful Graffiti art piece.



Before leaving to the Airport we take a taxi to Copacabana Palace for an early poolside dinner. Cheese Burger and Fries. Yum
Home sweet home.... why did I have to leave so soon? Back to Texas.


Breakfast on the flight back. Not so bad. I like fruit... I like Croissants. Butter, Jelly and OJ too!

Hope you all enjoyed my post about my Brazilian Holiday. I had tons of fun taking photos and Building memories. I certainly can't wait to go back, but until then I have all these photos to keep me content.

See Brazilian Holiday Part 1 (Here) and Part 2 (Here).

No comments: